Sunday, August 5, 2012

Genesis 10


Genesis 10
I hope you have been reading while I have taken a bit of a break. I wore myself out and took a bit of a break. Don’t worry though, I am determined to get this blog rolling and never missing another day!

Genesis 10 is a lot of names! It’s another one of those boring chapters that you just have to get through. We learn about the sons of Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

These sons go on to create the Japhethites (Japheth’s decedents) Hamites (Ham’s descendents) and the Semites (Shems descendents.)

Ham has a son named Cush who goes to have a son named Nimrod. Nimrod was a warrior on earth and a mighty hunter before the lord. Nimrod is now used as an insult. I thought you might enjoy this little fun fact. On a bugs bunny episode, Bugs calls Elmer Fudd a “Poor little nimrod.” Bugs used it correctly, he was just calling Elmer Fudd a poor little hunter. But others took it wrong and started using it as an insult.

Ham also had a son named Canaan as you have heard of before when Noah cursed Ham’s son, Canaan. Canaan created a clan called the Canaanite that scattered the borders of Canaan.

The sons of Noah and their descedents spread out and repopulated the earth. I suggest you read it for all the names. Eventually I will have a sort of family tree so you can see how the line goes from Adam and Eve and on. I think it’s going to be a fun little project for me, I just don’t know how I am going to do it right now.

That is really all I have for Genesis 10. Not a lot is really going on in this chapter. Just a bunch of names and places. Go read it! And while you are at it, read 11 as well!

Much Love
Heather