First a question. What did you learn this week that you didn't already know?
For me it was about the 7 pairs of clean animals. I always thought there was just 2 of each animal on the ark. I also learned that there are very valid reasons as to why I should read the bible for myself. I think my faith grew a little more this week too. And we are only at Genesis 11! How about you? Have you cleared anything up or understood something a little more clearly? I really hope so!
Here is an interesting fact. The bible has 1189 chapters in it. So far I have covered one chapter a day. Meaning it will take me 3 years to get through the whole bible! Crazy right? The good news is, some chapters are going to be super short and more than one covered a day. Honestly, reading the bible is like losing weight, it's better to get through it slowly. The knowledge will stick with us better. Most people have been reading the bible their entire lives. At the end of our study, we will know it better than them! Or so I would like to think.
I just wanted to give everyone a break today but I didn't want to miss a post. I missed too many the first week of doing this from lack of planning. I would like to share with you a song that I absolutely love! I found the video on youtube with the words so you know what it's saying.
Evidently this song was actually played in the movie "Tokyo Drift". Which is one of the "Fast and the Furious" movies. "Tokyo Drift" was my favorite! God likes to slip in where you least expect Him. :)
If you have down time today, go back and reread the chapters you have read already. Just to keep it fresh. I am sure it is good practice for the later chapters in the bible. What has been your favorite verse so far?
Have a great Friday peeps. Come back tomorrow ready for Chapter 11!
Much Love,
Heather